Re: RMAN

  • From: Marcin Przepiorowski <pioro1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: sidi.bouzid.meknessy@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2011 10:13:31 +0100

On Fri, Aug 26, 2011 at 9:35 AM, mek s <sidi.bouzid.meknessy@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Thank you, but, this is my main question:
> I never read that before in the Oracle documentation! Is it correct that
> RMAN utility can use Data Pump Workers??!
> I know That RMAN must access to V$ and GV$ views to extract some information
> useful for backup process BUT, is RMAN using Data Pump Workers for that?

Short answer is no.
RMAN is just a client and it is spawning one oracle process per
channel and this process is doing backup.

DataPump is a separate product.

If you need more detail data try to install and use S-ASH -
http://sourceforge.net/projects/orasash/ - http://ashmasters.com
It is free and will give you some functionality of Diagnostic Pack.

--
Marcin Przepiorowski
http://oracleprof.blogspot.com