RHEL 32 bit + Oracle SE One max memory?

  • From: "Stephens, Chris" <Chris.Stephens@xxxxxxx>
  • To: ORACLE-L <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2010 12:10:24 -0600

For some ungodly reason, I was handed a server with 64-bit hardware (do they
even sell 32 bit hardware any more) but 32 RHEL 5 installed.

The machine has 8GB memory.

I requested the machine to be reinstalled with 64 bit  RHEL but am getting some
pushback.

I'm having trouble finding the maximum amount of memory that Oracle 32 vs 64
Standard Edition One can work with.

Is it worth insisting on 64 bit RHEL given only 8GB of ram?

Anyone know how much memory I can allocation to 32bit SE One?  Got a link?  I
can find the minimums but am having trouble locating the maximums.

Thanks!
Chris

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:
This message is intended for the use of the individual or entity to which it is
addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and
exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If the reader of this message is
not the intended recipient or the employee or agent responsible for delivering
prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us
immediately by email reply.