RESOLUTION: LogMiner Hanging

  • From: "Mark Strickland" <strickland.mark@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2007 09:48:53 -0700

I found a resolution to my LogMiner hanging issue.  I was using the data
dictionary in my Logical Standby database for mining the logs since that
database receives the Production archived logs.  My Logical Standby database
is configured to skip some of the Production schemas, so its data dictionary
is not in sync with Production regarding those schemas.  I guess that,
occasionally, LogMiner encountered an inconsistency that it couldn't get
past.  I built a new dictionary flat file from Production and used that
instead of the Logical Standby data dictionary and LogMiner was able to mine
all of the archived logs successfully.  I would have expected LogMiner to
either just skip over the redo records that it couldn't handle or at least
report an error rather than hang.  I've reported this to Oracle Support.

Regards,
Mark Strickland