RE: RESETLOGS w/o incomplete recovery

  • From: "Mark J. Bobak" <mark.bobak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: sac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2006 20:51:12 -0400

It's been a while, and this is from memory, but I don't believe you need
to re-create the control file.  If I recall correctly, it's as simple
as:
shutdown immediate
(if you need to do an abort above, make sure you startup and shutdown
immediate, immediately following.  Since you're resetting the on-line
redo, you need a clean shutdown.)
startup mount
recover database until cancel;
cancel
alter database open resetlogs;

I think that will do it...test on a throwaway database first.

-Mark