RE: REPLICATION

  • From: Carel-Jan Engel <cjpengel.dbalert@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 22:02:36 +0200

Apologies Steve, I was too short in my phrasing, and should have put some
more effort in the right wording.
What I meant is: do not use a LSB database as DR database. Your idea of
having two databases for the two purposes is OK. LSB in 9i just isn't
stable enough (when running more complexity than a demo schema) to serve as
a proper DR-site.

At 10:42 AM 6/30/2004 -0600, you wrote:
>Regarding...=20
> > I wouldn't go for the LSB/DR combination on 9i.=20
>Why not? I was just getting ready to try this exact same thing. (i.e.
>implement a Physical standby and a logical standby.)
>

>TIA,
>Steve Orr
>Bozeman, Montana

Regards, Carel-Jan