RE: RE: how good is oracle tech support?

  • From: DENNIS WILLIAMS <DWILLIAMS@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2004 09:30:41 -0500

Ryan - Another thought for you. Oracle Support does best at responding to
specific bugs. In fact for many bugs they are your only source of
information. On the other hand, they don't do well with "what-if" questions.
This list is probably the best source for those. I have also found the
support tends to vary by the type of Oracle area involved. The RDBMS is
great especially if you use terms like "production server down".
    On the other hand, I've found that response to programming type
questions like "what is wrong with my PL/SQL program" is really slow. My
theory is they find after a few hours you will usually figure out what is
wrong with your program for yourself.

Dennis Williams
DBA
Lifetouch, Inc.