Re: RE: does anyone use the OCI?

  • From: Paul Baumgartel <treegarden@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 14:53:52 -0800 (PST)

When I was a developer, we wrote a very large subsystem using OCI
exclusively.  It requires a lot of work, but gives you the greatest
possible flexibility and capability for Oracle access.  For example,
transparent application failover requires the use of OCI.  In addition,
because using OCI allows you to control every aspect of your client
program's interaction with Oracle, it allows you to squeeze out every
bit of performance.