RE: RE: Recovery Help?

  • From: rstevenson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2004 07:05:12 -0500

Thanks for the replies Ian and Ruth.

Ruth's suggestion below results in the following:

SVRMGR> recover using backup controlfile until cancel;
ORA-00279: change 3668927078 generated at 07/02/2004 02:42:41 needed for thread
1
ORA-00289: suggestion : /u06/archive/SDS0000166990.ARC
ORA-00280: change 3668927078 for thread 1 is in sequence #166990
Specify log: {<RET>=suggested | filename | AUTO | CANCEL}
CANCEL
ORA-01547: warning: RECOVER succeeded but OPEN RESETLOGS would get error below
ORA-01194: file 3 needs more recovery to be consistent
ORA-01110: data file 3: '/u02/oraindex/sds/usrindex01.dbf'
SVRMGR>

Mount U02 is the drive that was lost and now has the newer dated db files...

Any ideas from here ?
Thanks.