Re: RE : RE: Query takes ages in Oracle 10G

  • From: "Jared Still" <jkstill@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: isabel_bga@xxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2006 15:25:33 -0700

On 9/21/06, Isabel Bedoya <isabel_bga@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

Yeap!.. I just copy paste this query to SQL*Plus, and then I have to kill it with the task manager, it just locks and doesn't return any result at all!. But in Oracle 9i, it returns the values in a matter of seconds

A different perspective may help.

The statement "But in Oracle 9i" seems to indicate you think the difference
in query times may be due to something that is different in 10g.

Maybe you should consider it from the perspective of "What is different
between these databases?"

Have any stored outlines been used in the old database?

Are any session settings being changed by a logon trigger?

Have the statistics been generated in the same manner?

Have any hidden parameters been tweaked in the new database
that would be better left alone?

etc ...

-- Jared Still Certifiable Oracle DBA and Part Time Perl Evangelist