Re: RE: OT: Redhat linux install issues

  • From: MARK BRINSMEAD <mark.brinsmead@xxxxxxx>
  • To: Rich.Jesse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2005 14:28:04 -0700

I think that the idea here is to bypass the
"GUI" Linux installer, but to eventually install
and run X-windows in the final configuration.

In a lot of cases, this *will* work.  The "GUI"-based
Linux installer uses a stripped-down X-windows
configuration that *should* work on most hardware,
but it can fail on hardware where a more full-
featured X-windows environment will still work.

The suggestion is reasonable.

('Course, I still like VMware, especially on laptops
where "unusual" hardware can be a major issue.)