Re: RE: Dead Connect detect

  • From: Gokul Kumar Gopal <gokulkumar.gopal@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mdinh@xxxxxxxxx, Oracle-L Group <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2011 11:59:11 +0530

Hello List,

I have been facing a similar problem.

My application uses dblink to read data.

The link established is from 10.2.0.4 - 9.2.0.6.

In the app logs I see lots of ORA-02068 ORA-03113 errors. I don't see any
other errors in either of the alert logs.

Resource limit is set to true, connect time and idle time are set to
unlimited and 60 respectively.

Sqlnet expire time is set to default on both dbs
On Apr 5, 2011 9:45 PM, "Michael Dinh" <mdinh@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> A discussion of Dead Connection Detection, Resource Limits, V$SESSION,
V$PROCESS and OS processes [ID 601605.1]
> Script for killing sniped sessions shadow processes [ID 96170.1]
>
> I am currently using
> SQLNET.EXPIRE_TIME=10
>
> Profiles with IDLET_IME=60, RESOURCE_LIMIT=TRUE and script to kill sniped
session.

> HTH
>

> Michael Dinh
>
> NOTICE OF CONFIDENTIALITY - This material is intended for the use of the
individual or entity to which it is addressed, and may contain information
that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable
laws. BE FURTHER ADVISED THAT THIS EMAIL MAY CONTAIN PROTECTED HEALTH
INFORMATION (PHI). BY ACCEPTING THIS MESSAGE, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THE FOREGOING,
AND AGREE AS FOLLOWS: YOU AGREE TO NOT DISCLOSE TO ANY THIRD PARTY ANY PHI
CONTAINED HEREIN, EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY PERMITTED AND ONLY TO THE EXTENT
NECESSARY TO PERFORM YOUR OBLIGATIONS RELATING TO THE RECEIPT OF THIS
MESSAGE. If the reader of this email (and attachments) is not the intended
copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. Please notify the
sender of the error and delete the e-mail you received. Thank you.

On Behalf Of Yong Huang