RE: RE: Convert DB from 32-bit to 64 Bit in 9.2

  • From: Bob Lofstrand <blofstrand@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>,oracledba@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 16:16:32 -0500

I did not mean to imply that recreating the control files will be necessary
in all cases. This was very likely a bug specific to our configuration. It
was a while back so I do not recall the specifics. In our case it was
necessary to create new controlfiles using the 'create controlfile' command.
Best to be cautious and backup your controlfile(s) to trace as part of
backing up you whole system if you don't do so already.

From: Bob Lofstrand <blofstrand@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: "'oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
        "LazyDBA.com Discussion" <oracledba@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: Convert DB from 32-bit to 64 Bit in 9.2
Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 09:59:28 -0500
Sender: oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Before shutting down your database, backup the control file to trace. You
will need to create new control files using the 64 bit software. At least
that was the case on AIX 5L.