Re: RDA can't get it to connect to our database

  • From: JJ <jocjlj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Allen, Brandon" <Brandon.Allen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2009 11:28:07 -0700

Hi Brandon,

Below is the message that I am receiving.  The database is up and running as
is the listener.   I am also able to connect to this database without any
problem.   The ORACLE_HOME and ORACLE_SID are setup correctly.   I did issue
the ./rda.sh -T TSTdb command to troubleshoot as well, and received the same
message.

 The database to be analyzed (....) does not appear to be accessible.

Please do one of the following:

   -  If the database is not started, start it in another session, then
press       'Enter' to continue this script after the database has been
started;
   -  Interrupt this script, start the database or solve the connection
      problem, and next re-run rda; or
   -  Hit 'Enter' to continue this script without gathering information from
      the database.

If you choose to continue without database connection, some information will
be missing and Oracle Support may request that rda be re-run.

Thanks,