Re: RAMSAN Experience

  • From: Greg Rahn <greg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kutrovsky.oracle@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2009 16:52:51 -0700

Christo-

Do you have some reproducible test cases with performance metrics that
demonstrate that these hidden parameters do indeed better performance
and quantify any gains?

I guess it seems very odd to me that if the default values of these
hidden parameter are suboptimal then why doesn't Oracle just change
them to be optimal? (I know this seems to be your point, however mine
is, there must be more to it)

--
Regards,
Greg Rahn