Re: RAM > 80% (Windows 2000 AS + Oracle 10g R2) !!

  • From: "Jared Still" <jkstill@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: in.amitverma@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2008 07:23:27 -0700

The default RAM usage of a database created by DBUA is 40% I believe,
so if you used the defaults on your database, Oracle is consuming 400Meg
just to start the database.

You can:
*) Adjust the database parameters manually
*) increase the RAM on your laptop.

Running Oracle on laptop with 1 gig works, but 2 gig is much better.
4gig if you can get it.

Jared

--
Jared Still