Re: RAC waitevent: gc freelist on one node

  • From: "K Gopalakrishnan" <kaygopal@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ajayoraclel@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2008 22:08:29 -0800

Ajay,

Without  version,OS details it is very hard to speculate. GC FREELIST
wait means, basically you are waiting on the LE (Lock Element) during
the lock acquision.  LE works somewhat (in crude terms) like buffer
hash chains and you can query the X$KCLFX (LE Freelist structure) and
see whether the LENGH is close to zero on the offending node.

A quick fix is to restart the node (if the length is zero on the
troubled node and bigger numbers in the other two nodes) just to clear
the mess in the freelist chain.

Best Regards,
K Gopalakrishnan
Co-Author: Oracle Wait Interface, Oracle Press 2004
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/007222729X/

Author: Oracle Database 10g RAC Handbook, Oracle Press 2006
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/007146509X/