Re: RAC problem, is gc_files_to_locks is needed?

  • From: "biti_rainy" <biti_rainy@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "restomi_w@xxxxxxxxx" <restomi_w@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2004 13:18:17 +0800

hi,tomi wijanto

  from  oracle  document

Setting this parameter to any value other than the default will disable Cache
Fusion processing in Oracle9i Real Application Clusters.

from
Oracle Real Application Clusters
by Murali Vallath

Local
 When the block is read for the first time into an and there are no other
instances in the cluster that have read the same block or are holding the
block, then the block is locally managed

Global
 If the block that was originally acquired has been modified by the holding
instance and, based on a request from another instance, has transmitted the
block over. The block that was originally on one node is now present in
multiple nodes and therefore is considered globally managed

When an instance reads data blocks for the very first time, its existence is
local, that is, no other instance in the cluster has a copy of the same block.
The block in this state is called a current state block (XI). Therefore, the
behavior of this block in memory is similar to any single instance
configuration, with the exception that GCS keeps track of the block even in a
local mode. Multiple transactions within the instance have access to these data
blocks. Once another instance has requested for the same block, then the GCS
process will update the GRD, taking the state of the data block from a local
role to a global role.

Best regards

msn: biti_rainy@xxxxxxxxxxx
a dba from alibaba(china)