Re: RAC private network IP's - 169.254.x.x

  • From: Krishna <krishna.setwin@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Andrew Kerber <andrew.kerber@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2012 23:12:37 -0400

Hi,
I am installing RAC on a new server(11.2.0.3 on RHEL 5.8). I have got the
error below.

Cause - Installer has detected that network interface bond0 does not
maintain connectivity on all cluster nodes. Action - Ensure that the chosen
interface has been configured across all cluster nodes. Additional
Information:
The work directory "/tmp/" cannot be used on any of the nodes Summary of
the failed nodes nodedb01  - The work directory "/tmp/" cannot be used on
node "nodedb01" nodedb02  - The work directory "/tmp/" cannot be used on
node "nodedb02"

i have disabled the bonding now. Even then, I am getting the same error on
interface eth0 for public & eth2 for private..
I have eth0 for public & eth2 for private on both nodes..

can anybody throw some light on why I am getting the above error?

Thanks
krishna