Re: RAC platform usage

  • From: "Niall Litchfield" <niall.litchfield@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: frits.hoogland@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 2 May 2008 11:00:11 +0100

RAC on windows is relatively common - certainly common enough that we are
running a hands on "build a RAC" day at the UKOUG windows sig in June. Last
time I saw some figures Oracle's windows sales were about 30-40% (by volume
not value) of their database sales and lets face it selling a clustering
solution on a platform commonly believed to be unreliable for single servers
is probably not the hardest sales pitch in the world - especially for those
SE shops where there is not extra dollar cost. My understanding is that
Itanium is a platform with a pretty poor takeup.

Niall

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA