Re: RAC on Windows or Linux

  • From: Mogens Nørrgaard <mln@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: paul.baumgartel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 01 Nov 2006 15:27:10 +0100

Baumgartel, Paul wrote:

RAC on Linux is far more commonly used than RAC on Windows...you're likely to be less well-supported if you use Windows.

NIMB (Not In My Backyard) :-))). I see about the same number of RAC installations on Windows and Linux. Those two operating systems are of course equally lousy compared to my beloved VMS, so it doesn't really matter. Nothing will ever be as good as VMS. Sigh.

I have no idea why people think that open source should be of better quality than closed source, or that something is better because large parts of it has been coded by people in their sparetime (tired, after working their normal jobs, etc.), but that seem to be of secondary nature anyway to the Very Important Fact, that Microsoft can be bashed. It's religion, and I hate it.

Mogens