RAC on Windows 2003: Change the file owner

  • From: Uwe Küchler <uwe@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "oracle-l" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Oct 2009 16:41:04 +0200 (CEST)

Hi folks,

I'm confronted with a 2-node RAC on Win2003 Server, where the binaries
were installed by a named user.
This Windows account should be changed to a "service user", because named
users tend to be removed or changed on the domain controller every once in
a while.

Does anyone have some pointers for me how to do this hassle-free?
I already searched OTN forums and Metalink, but simply drowned in
irrelevant results...

What I suppose that should be done:
- Give all system grants from the former owner of the binaries to the new
service user.
- Grant full access on everything in all ORACLE_HOMEs to the new service
user.
- Test: Log on as the new service user, start/stop DB and/or Listener, ...
- But why does this sound way too easy to me? ;-)

Have a nice weekend,
Uwe

http://oraculix.blogspot.com/ (German)