Re: RAC node distance

  • From: Martin Bach <development@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: s.cislaghi@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2010 13:12:19 +0100

Hi Stefano,

if memory serves me right then this is part of the official
documentation since 11.1. Stretched RAC was a bit of a hack when it
first was implemented and I heard rumors that Oracle initially didn't
want to support it. Since 10.2.0.4 this seems to be rather stable, and
you can have extended distance clusters (official name) even with 11.1
Standard Edition.

Most setups I know use ASM for mirroring (each SAN is its own failure
group), and use the preferred mirror read attribute in 11.1 to speed up
reads.

On 04/05/2010 04:21 PM, Stefano Cislaghi wrote:
> 2010/4/3 Tyfanie Wineriter <tyfaniew@xxxxxxxxxxx>:
>> I’m really not sure why everyone is responding that this would be an “odd
>
> Hi
> may you better describe your configuration? In particular which
> storage with which kind of mirroring technology are u using?
>

> thanks
> Stefano

Regards,

Martin