Re: RAC h/w basic costs

  • From: Jeremy Schneider <jeremy.schneider@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: andrew.kerber@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2010 08:36:53 -0500

I would add one very strong recommendation -

It might make the numbers less attractive, but if you're considering a
move to RAC then you absolutely should plan for a minimum of two cluster
databases - one for testing/development and one for production.  It's a
really bad idea to plan on testing only with non-RAC systems.  Make sure
to include that in your hardware planning.  Also consider licensing.

-Jeremy

--
http://www.ardentperf.com
+1 312-725-9249