RAC global cache

  • From: "Oliver Jost" <Oliver.Jost@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2008 16:38:09 -0400

Hi All,
   When I bring down one instance in a 2- node RAC environment (CRS
still up, AMS still up, Solaris 9, Oracle 10.2.0.3) I still see wait
events relative to global cache activity?  I'm wondering if anyone might
clear this up for me.  When a block isn't found in the local cache is
LMS still busy checking across the interconnect?  Do we still get global
cache cr request and global cache cur request waits while the living
instance determines whether the request will be fulfilled?

Thank you,
     Oliver