Re: RAC for dev env

  • From: Martin Bach <development@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mwf@xxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 04 Feb 2010 12:00:20 +0000

I can only second that email from Mark!

Developing against single instance when prod is RAC - I can't count the
number of times I have seen developers code against single instance
Oracle (and maybe even a subset of production data only), release the
new code which then promptly fails to scale/work in RAC?

I dealt with an application development "framework" once that
dynamically changed to "select for update" as soon as a user modified
data. This was in a connection pool... That obviously wasn't too great.

Also don't forget that you might actually _have_ to invoke DR and then
you could be hit big time for not running in a RAC configuration. I only
hope that has been figured into the equation or somebody from high up
acknowledges that.

Regards

Martin
--