Re: RAC for a newbie

  • From: Asif Momen <asif_oracle@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nancy_iles@xxxxxxxxxxx, oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2007 02:54:40 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Nancy,

I would recommend you to start your RAC tour with Oracle documentation. Apart
from that, following books will also be helpful:

   Oracle Real Application Clusters by Mural Vallath
   Oracle Database 10g Real Application Clusters Handbook by Gopalakrishnan.
Even Julian Dyke has authored a book on RAC, I haven't read that book but it
seems to be a nice one also.

Happy learning !!

Regards

Nancy Iles <nancy_iles@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:    .hmmessage P { margin:0px;
padding:0px } body.hmmessage { FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY:Tahoma }  What
books/classes would you recommend for someone taking on a RAC implementation
and support of a company's key revenue system? I am a certified DBA and I have
worked with Oracle Applications for several years but I have never worked in a
RAC environment and would appreciate any tips on how to come up to speed on RAC
and Data Guard quickly.

 Regards,

 Nancy Iles

Boardwalk for $500? In 2007? Ha!