Re: RAC failover and JDBC string

  • From: Dan Norris <dannorris@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: roman.podshivalov@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2008 08:20:31 -0500

You're not mistaken (at least according to the docs):

10.2:
http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/B19306_01/java.102/b14355/ocitaf.htm#BABGIDEE
11.1:
http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/B28359_01/java.111/b31224/ocitaf.htm#BABGIDEE
ML:
297490.1 (which reprints the 10.2 docs)

Roman Podshivalov wrote:
Hi,

If I'm not mistaken to get an advantage of TAF with JDBC you need to use JDBC thick (OCI) driver and connection string should be either properly configured TNS alias or fully qualified TNS entry (TAF aware) specified in JDBC connection string. Thin driver wasn't TAF aware last time I've checked, but it could have changed since then.

--romas

On 8/14/08, John Dunn <JDunn@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I need to understand how RAC handles hostnames in JDBC connection strings.

If I have an application that uses a JDBC connection string(that contains a hostname) to connect to the Oracle database, what happens if there is a failover to another server in the RAC cluster?

-- //www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l