Re: RAC environment patching and availability

  • From: K Gopalakrishnan <kaygopal@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: K Gopalakrishnan <kaygopal@xxxxxxxxx>, litanli@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2007 11:05:26 -0700 (PDT)

Li Li,
In current versions, JUST RAC alone can not provide the 24x7 availability. You
need to have the combination of RAC+Dataguard (logical) to have REAL 24x7
availability. Also not all patches/upgrades are 'rolling upgrade' capable.
Have a look at this presentation to undertand the issues in rolling upgrade.
http://www.oracle.com/technology/deploy/availability/pdf/oow06/S281209_To.pdf

-Gopal

--
Best Regards,