RE: RAC de-clustering

  • From: "Kevin Closson" <kevinc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 09:19:34 -0800

no, this is incorrect. and so was the last post about srvctl.

if RAC is not linked in (e.g., skgxn.so skgxp.so are the stub
libraries),
your database is essentially non-rac. There is no difference between
a rac and a non-RAC database besides MAXINSTANCES and
threads of redo...  in fact, you can create a "RAC" database even
before linking in RAC... that is, you can have MAXINSTANCES>1
and extra theads of redo...then, provided you have clusterware up,
relink Oracle rac_on and boot multiple instances.

just unlink it.