RE: RAC de-clustering

  • From: Bryan Thomas <bthomas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kevinc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 10:23:06 CST

You can also use srvctl to remove the node, service, database or instance.

REMOVE CRS RESOURCES

srvctl remove database -d <database-name>
srvctl remove instance  -d <database-name> [-i <instance-name>]
srvctl remove service -d <database-name> -s <service-name> [-i <instance-name>]

srvctl remove nodeapps -n <node-name>

EXAMPLES:

Remove the applications for a database.
        srvctl remove database  -d ORACLE
Remove the applications for named instances of an existing database.
        srvctl remove instance -d ORACLE -i  RAC03
        srvctl remove instance -d ORACLE -i  RAC04
Remove the service.
        srvctl remove  service -d ORACLE -s STD_BATCH
Remove the service from the instances.
        srvctl remove  service  -d ORACLE -s STD_BATCH -i RAC03,RAC04
Remove all node applications from a node.
        srvctl remove  nodeapps -n myclust-4

-Bryan
Quoting Kevin Closson <kevinc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> unless I am missing your question, you can simply relink Oracle
> rac_off. If libskgxn.so is a stub (rac_off), CRS is not an issue.
>
> You'll still have multiple threads of redo, but no matter... it wont
> be RAC.

Bryan Thomas
Senior Performance Consultant
Performance Tuning Corporation