RE: RAC auto/stop start of instances

  • From: "John Clarke" <jclarke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <davidsharples@xxxxxxxxx>, <thump@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 31 May 2005 23:31:02 -0400

We also do homegrown scripts for 9i, like David says, but on a 10g
(10.1.0.4) cluster with CRS & ASM on RedHat Linux, we let init launch CRS,
which in turn launches the nodeapps, instances, and service for the cluster.
In cases of a node eviction (i.e., loss of server), we need to manually
restart the service to get the listener on the surviving nodes to recognize
the re-joining of the previously failed node, but I'm not sure if this is
the way it's supposed to work or not.

- John