Re: RAC and tcp timeout

  • From: David Sharples <davidsharples@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Bryan Thomas <bthomas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, K Gopalakrishnan <kaygopal@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2005 20:59:10 +0100

Hi, thanks for replying.  Suppiled listener entries from node which is
working - cant get at other one (names changed though)

there is no TAF here (problem is with new connection, using sqlplus as
an example - app uses  jdbc (AS 10g))

listener.ora

LISTENER =
  (DESCRIPTION_LIST =
    (DESCRIPTION =
      (ADDRESS_LIST =
        (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = IPC)(KEY = EXTPROC))
      )
      (ADDRESS_LIST =
        (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = server2)(PORT = 1521))
      )
    )
  )

LISTENER_db2 =
  (DESCRIPTION_LIST =
    (DESCRIPTION =
      (ADDRESS_LIST =
        (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = IPC)(KEY = EXTPROC))
      )
      (ADDRESS_LIST =
        (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = server2)(PORT = 1521))
      )
    )
  )

SID_LIST_LISTENER =
  (SID_LIST =
    (SID_DESC =
      (SID_NAME = PLSExtProc)
      (ORACLE_HOME = /u01/app/oracle/product/ora92)
      (PROGRAM = extproc)
    )
    (SID_DESC =
        (ORACLE_HOME = /u01/app/oracle/product/ora92)
        (SID_NAME = db2)
    )
)

tnsnames.ora

db=
  (DESCRIPTION =
  (ADDRESS_LIST =
    (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = server1)(PORT = 1521))
    (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = server2)(PORT = 1521))
    (LOAD_BALANCE = yes)
  )
 (CONNECT_DATA =
    (SERVER = DEDICATED)
    (SERVICE_NAME = db)
  )
 )

more interested in how jdbc works though as though it what my app uses

Thanks