RE: RAC and FREELISTS/FREELISTGROUPS

  • From: "Walker, Jed S" <Jed_Walker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2011 15:07:05 +0000

I wish I had that book right now.
I mixed that up. The tablespaces are locally managed, but the extent management
was made "manual" so that freelists and freelistgroups could be increased. I
was sure I read a Burleson site that said improvements had been made in 11g for
this issue, but I'm thinking for now I'll stick with an ASSM and an MSSM for
the high DML tables - unless someone has some extra knowledge to impart.

Thank you to those who responded, despite being worn out from OOW.