Re: RAC and FREELISTS/FREELISTGROUPS

  • From: Subodh Deshpande <deshpande.subodh@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Jed_Walker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2011 13:54:33 +0530

sorry Jed
The current database has dictionary managed tablespaces that were created so
that some objects could be created using FREELISTS and FREELISTGROUPS to
resolve performance issues. Exact knowledge of what those were doesn't exist
anymore; however, I believe it is related to notes I've seen regarding "high
DML tables and a tradeoff between buffer busy waits and DML contention".
From what I'm reading 11gR2 has done a lot to fix this issue, and
unfortunately we don't have an environment to truly test beforehand.
UnQuote

something is missing..not at all digestable..
was your four node rac db built using 10204 or was it upgraded from previous
versions(check the compatible parameter), if later is true docs or info must
be present...
if previous is true then there should be valid reasons for it..the concerned
dba and Project Lead or architect must have thought about it..and in that
case they can not be just becuase
"I believe it is related to notes I've seen regarding "high DML tables and a
tradeoff between buffer busy waits and DML contention"."
UnQuote
thanks and take care..subodh

--
DO NOT FORGET TO SMILE TODAY