RE: RAC and Data Guard Configuration Question

  • From: "Goulet, Dick" <richard.goulet@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <usn@xxxxxxxxx>, <dannorris@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 May 2008 11:23:45 -0400

Step number one, what is the purpose of your DR site?  Is it supposed to
handle 100% of normal expected load or something less?  The answer,
which has to come from management, with end user buy in, will tell you
if 3 nodes are sufficient or you really need 6.

Dick Goulet / Capgemini
North America P&C / East Business Unit
Senior Oracle DBA / Hosting
Office: 508.573.1978 / Mobile: 508.742.5795 / www.capgemini.com
Fax: 508.229.2019 /  Email: richard.goulet@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
45 Bartlett St. / Marlborough, MA 01752

Together: the Collaborative Business Experience