Re: RAC and ASM disk layout

  • From: "goran bogdanovic" <goran00@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2006 21:38:53 +0200

Depends of how you understand "if you know the way how it works"...I
do not have to know (every single detail) how internally one airplane
works, but if I know all the possibilities of the airplane and how to
use them efficiently, it is enough for me to make my flight efficient
and comfortable.
Like in a Formula 1 race, Michael Schumacher knows how to efficiently
use and drive good car designed by good engineers, and he was 7 time
world champion :-) Give one of those good engineers to drive this car,
he won't even finish the race :-)

I am not saying that a ASM is perfect (CBO is not perfect also) and
that can be used in every
situation, but if used properly in right situation, can make a life of
a DBA much easier.
Kevin, from a database point of view, could you please explain what we
can not do with the ASM?

Cheers,
Goran