RE: RAC and ASM - Standard vs. Enterprise Edition install process ?

  • From: "Crisler, Jon" <Jon.Crisler@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "Dan Norris" <dannorris@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2009 11:05:40 -0500

Thanks Dan - you always come through for me !!

Have you actually done a RAC using Standard Edition ?  The reason I am
in this mess is that we have historically only done installs for
Enterprise Edition, but somebody slipped in a install for Standard
Edition which is not certified in my company.  Nobody caught it, and the
install was done with EE.  We now have to go back and redo this install
due to licensing restrictions and I am trying to figure out the easiest
way.