Re: RAC and ASM

  • From: Hans Forbrich <fuzzy.graybeard@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Andrew Kerber <andrew.kerber@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 09 Sep 2015 07:33:00 -0600

RAC Attack is also a possibility for a decent comfort level in getting a 2 node RAC, or adapting to a 3 or mode node RAC as Jonathan Lewis did at OOW last year.

Having taught the OU RAC class, I know it depends on the instructor. The material itself is decent. The Accelerated course packs 8 days of material into 5, so it takes a good instructor to know the pace, what to emphasize and what to speed up. All of the current OU instructors in this class are tops. The contract instructors are ... varied.

Disclaimer: As of July I work for Oracle (but not Oracle University). For the previous 12 years I had been a contract consultant and contract instructor for OU. My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect those of Oracle Corp.

/Hans

On 09/09/2015 6:48 AM, Andrew Kerber wrote:

I have found oracle RAC training fairly spotty. Often there is too much emphasis on installation and not enough on troubleshooting. If you can go with a 2 or 3 day installation class, then run your own on VMware workstation or virtual box or similar, that is really the best way to learn.

Sent from my iPad

On Sep 9, 2015, at 6:57 AM, Hans Forbrich <fuzzy.graybeard@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:fuzzy.graybeard@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

Oracle University. http://education.oracle.com/pls/web_prod-plq-dad/db_pages.getpage?page_id=609&get_params=dc:D81250,clang:EN

On 09/09/2015 5:27 AM, Zelli, Brian wrote:

I’m looking for some training in RAC and ASM. I need it to be instructor led, offsite as trying to do online while at work will never work. Anybody have any?