RE: RAC Std: where to put 3rd voting disk with only 2 Storage Arrays

  • From: <krish.hariharan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bkaltofen@xxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2007 08:11:36 -0700

Bjoern,

It would seem to me that, for the voting disk you should be able to simply
add two more voting devices after the initial installation.

As regards to losing the array: I rely on storage level mirroring for the
data. If you are going to mirror the data with ASM (save SYSTEM, SYSAUX, and
perhaps UNDO) in addition to storage mirroring (I assume you are), wouldn't
it become rather expensive.

Besides, philosophically, at what intensity and number failures, does this
become a DR problem vs an HA problem?

-Krish