RAC Remove Resource

  • From: Sanjay Mishra <smishra_97@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 7 Jun 2009 11:24:23 -0700 (PDT)

Hi

I am in situation where I had to remove the Database Resource like
Service/Instance/Database and has to recreate them. I am able to remove the
Service/Instance/Database but when checking it is still showing one of the
Instance resource and hence cluster output shows that cluster is unhealthy

When I remove them, there was no error but one was still not removed
oracle@testdbp4:> crsstat |grep testdb
ora.testdb.testdb1.inst OFFLINE OFFLINE

oracle@testdbp4:> srvctl remove instance -d testdb -i testdb1 -f
PRKO-2007 : Invalid instance name: testdb1

oracle@testdbp4:> crs_unregister ora.testdb.testdb1.inst
oracle@testdbp4:> crsstat |grep testdb
ora.testdb.testdb1.inst OFFLINE OFFLINE

oracle@testdbp4:> srvctl add database -d testdb -o /oracle/product/10.2.0.3

oracle@testdbp4:> srvctl add instance -d testdb -i testdb1 -n testdbp4
PRKR-1008 : adding of instance testdb1 on node testdbp4 to cluster database
testdb failed.
CRS-0211: Resource 'ora.testdb.testdb1.inst' has already been registered.
PRKO-2010 : Error in adding instance to node: testdbp4

oracle@testdbp4:> crsstat |grep testdb
ora.testdb.db OFFLINE OFFLINE
ora.testdb.testdb1.inst OFFLINE OFFLINE

oracle@testdbp4:> srvctl add instance -d testdb -i testdb2 -n testdbp5

oracle@testdbp4:> crsstat |grep testdb
ora.testdb.db OFFLINE OFFLINE
ora.testdb.testdb1.inst OFFLINE OFFLINE
ora.testdb.testdb2.inst OFFLINE OFFLINE

So I had created new Resource for testdb database even testdb1 was there
already and then even I can add other instance but not the testdb1
oracle@testdbp4:> crsctl check crs
CSS appears healthy
CRS does not appear to be healthy
EVM appears healthy