RE: RAC One Node 11.2.0.2 questions

  • From: D'Hooge Freek <Freek.DHooge@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "litanli@xxxxxxxxx" <litanli@xxxxxxxxx>, oracle-l <Oracle-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2011 17:48:39 +0100

Li,

I think the software is the same. You also have a software only option. And
only at the end of this installation, you need to indicate if you are want a
"regular" rac or a rac one node (oracle restart) by choosing between 2 scripts
(when running the root script).

There are some bugs related to directory privileges when you install the
clusterware and the db software as 2 different users (case open with oracle for
this).

Also, I think there is a bug that disallows you to register new databases with
the cluster layer when the os owner for that oracle home did not yet exists
since the last clusterware startup (and there is already a database
registered). But I still have to investigate this one to confirm.

Regards,

Freek D'Hooge
Uptime
Oracle Database Administrator