Re: RAC Geographical Architecture

  • From: "K Gopalakrishnan" <kaygopal@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: MFontana@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2007 14:27:23 -0700

Mike,

Your instructor is right. There is no limitation from RAC side. There
are various technologies support this and the most common is DWDM
(dark fiber) and there are lot of customers (I have personally
participated/known more than 10+ of such) successfully deployed this
architecture and running without any problems.

In case if you have my RAC book, I have a dedicated chapter for
"Extended RAC". Have a look in near by bookstore

-Gopal

BTW 11g RAC/ASM has some additional features for extended RAC (like
preferred read for asm failure groups), however it would be too
premature to discuss that now !

--
Best Regards,
K Gopalakrishnan