Re: RAC File System Questions

  • From: Dan Norris <dannorris@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2007 06:53:55 -0700 (PDT)

Actually, OCFS is the only "free" filesystem you can use for RAC. You can also
use Veritas software and HP (formerly Polyserve) software to provide a
certified cluster filesystem on Linux. And, before Kevin adds it, you can also
use NFS. :)

This list hasn't been updated for 11g yet, but there is some good stuff at
http://www.oracle.com/technology/products/database/clustering/certify/tech_generic_linux_new.html

Dan