RE: RAC File System Questions

  • From: "Peter McLarty" <p.mclarty@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rami.ari@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2007 13:23:03 +1000

One thing I have ben told here is that HP's Dataprotector(backup software)
doesn't currently recognise an OCFS2 filesystem as a valid location to back up
from. That may be enough reason to use GFS instead.
Cheers

Peter

        From: Dan Norris <dannorris@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

        I forgot to mention it specifically by name, but GFS is supported, as
LSC mentioned. However, it is not free ($2200/year). See
https://www.redhat.com/apps/store/enterprise/gfs.html.

        Also, it does not support OCR and voting disks--just database files and
shared OH as documented in 329530.1.

        Dan