RAC Configuration - Websphere Configuration

  • From: Sanjay Mishra <smishra_97@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2008 12:48:06 -0700 (PDT)

Hi

I had 5 node RAC and it is configured with pspsrv service which is Preferred
for all Nodes

If I am specifying only 1 node in the Websphere configuration but Load balance
is on, and service_name is preferred for all nodes as show below : Question is
that Is the following setting will go to only one Node like psvr1-vip server or
it will go to any of the 5 node as LOAD_BALANCE is on and Service is preferred
for all nodes

jdbc:oracle:thin:@(DESCRIPTION=(FAILOVER=on)(LOAD_BALANCE=on)(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=TCP)(HOST=psvr1-vip)(PORT=1521))(CONNECT_DATA=(SERVER=DEDICATED)(SERVICE_NAME=pspsrv)))

If I change the LOAD_BALANCE=OFF
What will be the effect of the change. Is it goes now to only psvr1-vip or is
that goes to all nodes

TIA
Sanjay

Access, No Cost.