Re: RAC 10.2.0.3

  • From: "Frits Hoogland" <frits.hoogland@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ujang.jaenudin@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2007 11:51:04 +0100

Hi Ujang!

You are talking in resolutions, whilst I feel you haven't found (or
described in the mail) what is or are your problems.
Also, can you elaborate on 'some'? is the 'some' meaning 'problematic'
(so resolution is needed at any costs), or is 'some' meaning 'nice to
have' (meaning you can see waits, but the enduser doesn't experience
long waits)

GCS means global cache service. Can you specify the exact locks?

Cache buffers chains is a latch wait, which essentialy means you have
contention on latches in a instance, so that isn't RAC related
(roughly, I do not know if RAC involves more cache buffers chains
latching)

On the other hand you are describing high disk utilization waits,
which would give you entirely other waits if your database is waiting
on that.

Node evictions occur if the cluster manager can not update the voting
disk and/or it can not respond in time using the network to the other
cluster managers, so it doesn't appear to be healthy, so it is
STOMITH'ed. The logfile of the cluster manager will indicate if it's
the networking part or the voting disk which resulted in eviction.

After you've specified the exact reasons for your problems (and order
the problems in importance) I would try to work out a resolution.

frits