Quick sqlnet.ora question

  • From: Michael Schmitt <mschmitt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2008 16:26:33 -0500

Hi All,

I had a quick question about the sqlnet.ora for an issue that I am having.

We have a 10.2.0.3 database running AIX 5L.  We wanted to test the Advance
security network encryption without interfering with the current
listener/configuration.

Therefore, we set the TNS_ADMIN variable to a directory and placed the
listener.ora and sqlnet.ora file in the directory.  We named the listener
LISTENER_SEC and set it to listen on a different port.

We can start the listener with lsnrctl start LISTENER_SEC.  However, for some
reason it is not picking up the sqlnet.ora in the TNS_ADMIN directory. I set
the following in the sqlnet.ora file as a test

LOG_DIRECTORY_SERVER=/dbopt/oracle/10203/network/test

However the listener is not writing to the log in that directory.  Any ideas on
why it is not picking up the sqlnet.ora under the TNS_ADMIN directory?

Thanks in advance