Re: Quick question for UK-based DBAs about UKOUG Conf.

  • From: Grant Allen <gxallen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2007 23:41:26 +1000

Niall Litchfield wrote:
On 9/21/07, *Neil Overend* <neiloverend@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:neiloverend@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    The venue is The Birmingham ICC (don't confuse this with the NEC)
    http://www.theicc.co.uk/

Good point and one I intended to make - if you are coming from overseas make sure you specifically ask for the ICC from a taxi driver/when you are asking for a train ticket. If you ask for the conference centre in Birmingham you will end up about 8 miles away and out of town. :)
Thanks to everyone for their comments ... I've been to both the NEC and the ICC before, so have a good idea of the geography there :-). I seem to remember the NEC has a motorcycle museum attached to it for some reason (or is that yet another convention venue on the motorway?). Anyway, apart from an orbit of the M42, I shouldn't need to go near it, and will head straight for the ICC.

Hope to see some of you in December

Ciao
Fuzzy
:-)