Re: Questions re datapump import

  • From: TESTAJ3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: JDunn@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2009 07:59:49 -0500

impdp help=y is your friend :)

TABLE_EXISTS_ACTION   Action to take if imported object already exists.
                      Valid keywords: (SKIP), APPEND, REPLACE and
TRUNCATE.

joe

_______________________________________
Joe Testa, Oracle Certified Professional
Senior Engineering & Administration Lead
(Work) 614-677-1668
(Cell) 614-312-6715

Interested in helping out your marriage?
Ask me about "Weekend to Remember"
Dec 11-13, 2009 here in Columbus.

From:
"John Dunn" <JDunn@xxxxxxxxx>
To:
<oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date:
11/19/2009 07:53 AM
Subject:
Questions re datapump import
Sent by:
oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I want to use datapump export and import as simple method of backing up
schemas in our development environments.

i.e. to restore the schema to a previous state, I would import back into
the same schema.

If I do a full schema import using datapump, will the fact that the
database objects already exist cause issues? Will data rows in tables be
duplicated?

Or is there a better way of backing up and restoreing a single schema?

I do not want to drop the schema between doing the export and the import.

John