Re: Question regarding sudo equivalents

  • From: Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Mark J. Bobak" <mark@xxxxxxxxx>, Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2016 22:25:01 -0400

On 06/15/2016 09:27 PM, Mark J. Bobak wrote:

Getting back to the original question, I use sudo every day, and have for at least 20 years....I've heard of some alternatives, but never come across one in use. The idea that sudo is old hat, is sort of the point, if you ask me. I want it because it's old and stodgy and simple and effective, and it's *everywhere* on Unix/Linux platforms! Also, when is the last time you heard anout a security hole in sudo?

Just my thoughts.....

I concur wholeheartedly. I don't need any alternatives to sudo, but if the user wants them, there are some. I not motivated enough to do research. I have much more sensible work to do than to test something that nobody uses.

--
Mladen Gogala
Oracle DBA